Mastering the art of applying eyeliner can help take your makeup routine from average to excellent!
With these helpful hacks, we are confident you will noticeably level up your skills and transform your makeup look in the process.
7 Simple Eyeliner Hacks
Decide what shape you want to draw BEFORE starting
- We are all for winging it, but when it comes to liquid liner, it’s best to have a game plan in mind. Have a vision in your head so your liner and creativity can meet in the middle.
Trace your wing with eyeshadow or a pencil liner first
- Just like we learned in grade school! Give yourself an outline to go off of instead of diving in head first. There will be less room for mistakes this way, especially if you are going for a more intricate wing.
Start small, you can always build your line thicker later
- Remember, it’s easier to add to your line than it is to remove it. Once makeup remover is involved, it gets very tricky to avoid messing up other parts of your makeup.
Apply a coat to your lash band for extra support
- The formula is long lasting, but if you want to be extra sure, apply a coat of liner on the band as well as your lash line.
Pull your eyelid skin taught before drawing a line
- This will ensure you are covering the entire surface area of the skin with liner. The skin on our eyelids is much thinner and more delicate than the rest of our body, so remember to have a gentle hand as you pull the skin back. Pulling the skin tight will also prevent the liner from “skipping”.
Calm a shaky hand with your pinky
- Using the same hand that you are applying the liner with, place your pinky on your cheek to help balance your hand. This will help to draw a steady line and to recenter your focus.
Look down when applying your line
- Looking straight forward into a mirror doesn’t always give you the optimal space to draw a line. If you hold a hand held mirror in your lap or set it on a table and look down while drawing your line, you will be able to get the liner as close to your lash line as possible.
We hope these hacks help you to draw the perfect, sharpest, line you desire with our NEW Lash and Dash Adhesive Eyeliner!