Monolid eyes are not shown as much in the media making it harder to find helpful resources that explain the best ways to accentuate them along with tips to help you navigate your way through the world of lashes. All eye shapes have unique properties to take into consideration when dressing them, and when it’s YOUR eye shape, this knowledge becomes essential.
It’s time for monolid eyes to get the spotlight they deserve! We’ll help you feel empowered so you can lash your best with monolid eyes!
How to Know if You Have Monolid Eyes
Monolid eyes feature little to no crease and appear to have a flatter overall eyelid surface. Your eyes will most likely have no separation of your lid, it will be one smooth section. Your eyelashes will come from your lash line, but they will be hidden from your upper lid space.
Some famous faces with monolid eyes include: Jaimie Chung, Lana Condor, Lucy Lui, and Sandra Oh.
Still unsure as to whether or not you have monolid eyes?
Take our quiz to find out before we move on...
Pros and Cons of Monolid Eyes
- Having endless 'lid' opportunity to create your own crease and to build the eyeshadow to create depth.
- A winged-look is super flattering on a monolid. Flared lashes will easily become your favorite shape of lash.
- Fully embracing monolid eyes as the fox eye has become more trendy as of late.
- There is a lack of resources specific to monolids, which can leave many people confused on where to get started, especially if you are new to makeup and lashes.
- Not having a crease as a base to work off of. Don’t be afraid of experimenting to figure out where to put your 'crease'!
- Monolid eyes tend to be smaller, so you’ll probably have to cut your lashes to make the fit more comfortable.
- With lash application, it may be difficult to position the lashes to rest comfortably. This might take a few tries to get it right, but trust us it will be worth it! An inner corner poking you can ruin your day or night…
Lashes for Monolid Eyes
When picking a lash style, we recommend more dramatic lashes because they give the eye some dimension without overpowering the eye’s appearance.
These are our favorite lashes for monolid eyes:
This style offers a great, rounded effect to give your eyes a pop of volume.
Wing it Mini
A go-to style for more dramatic eye looks - provides fullness and fun!
A romantic style that's both comfortable and wispy. Casual, work events, or evening soirees - this lash is always fitting!
Discover more lash styles that look amazing on Monolid Eyes HERE.
And enjoy accentuating your beautiful eye shape!