Lash Extensions vs Strip Lashes: Discover the Quickest Way to Lash
Time is of the essence, but ESPECIALLY when it comes to lashes.
We all have busy lives, families to tend to, social lives to keep up with, on top of making sure we are drinking enough water throughout the day. We think lashing should add to your enjoyment of life, not add one more stressor to it.
To save you time and help you make an informed decision (there’s no right or wrong choice, just preferences) on which type of lash routine you should adopt, we set out to compare the pros and cons of lash extensions vs strip lashes.
Strip lashes are what we do best...and sure...we might be a little biased, but we’ll let you decide. Keep reading and we’ll help you weigh the options for yourselves!
- They last for about 3-4 weeks
- You can swim, shower and sleep with them
- No need for mascara
- You get to wake up fully lashed
- They can cost you $$$ on your first session, and you’ll need maintenance touch-ups every ⅔ weeks afterwards
- Powerful glue may irritate your eyes
- The first appointment will take about 2 hours for application
- Can damage your natural eyelashes from being weighed down for a long period of time
- Must avoid oils or heavy creams around the eyes (this can break down the lash extension glue)
- Each pair ranges from $9-$14
- Reusable up to 15 times
- House of Lashes has over 30 styles to choose from
- Switch up your lash style daily depending on your events
- Can easily be removed whenever you want
- You can apply strip lashes in the comfort of your own home
- Application takes a fraction of the time compared to extensions
- We don’t recommend wearing them in water
- Application will take some time and practice (but once you master it, you’ll have the skill forever - it’s like riding a bike!)
- If it's your first time, your eyes will need some adjusting to
There are pros and cons for both lash extensions and strip lashes, but overall strip lashes give you a lot more freedom and control of your lash decisions. (We love to make you feel empowered!)
But remember, in the end, the decision is yours and it really just comes down to preference. We believe there’s a time and place for both, it just depends on, well, YOU!
Regardless of the decision you make, we will be here to support you on your lash journey.
If you’re interested in getting started with strip lashes, let’s begin by discovering your eye shape here!